WOCA Worktop Oil is for naturally sealing wooden worktops, kitchen counter tops, and butcher block.
Worktop Oil is a plant based, food safe penetrating oil that soaks deep into the wood, leaving a tough water- and stain-resistant surface.
The oil highlights the wood’s natural character and gives the surface a low sheen, matte appearance. Compatible with all wood species, Worktop Oil can be used on freshly sanded surfaces or surfaces that have previously been oil-treated.
- protects and seals
- enhances the natural character of the wood
- safe for food contact
- easy to apply
- easy to touch up
- easy to maintain
- easy to renew
WOCA Worktop Oil hardens inside the wood pores protecting and sealing wooden worktops, counter tops, island tops, tables, and butcher block.
A wood surface treated with WOCA Worktop Oil should be regularly cleaning with WOCA Natural Soap Spray Bottle, a non-stripping cleanser, to nourish the finish and add greater durability.
- Sand the surface with grit 180 sandpaper. Vacuum clean the surface to remove sanding residue.
- Thoroughly clean the surface with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner, mixed 1 part cleaner to 20 parts water.
- After cleaning, leave the work surface to dry for at least 8 hours at 68°F.
- Mix the oil thoroughly.
- Use a paintbrush to distribute an appropriate amount of oil in an even, covering coat. If possible, the reverse side of the work surface should also be given a coat of oil.
- Wait approx. 30 minutes at 68°F, while the oil soaks into the wood. Apply more oil if dry areas appear.
- Polish with the red or white WOCA hand scrubber along the direction of the wood grain. This will make the surface more durable.
- Then wipe off all excess oil with a lint-free cotton cloth. No excess oil should remain on the surface.
- Allow the surface to rest for an hour and repeat steps 3 to 7.
- The surface should be treated two or three times before use. For the final treatment sand in wet oil with grain 280-400 sandpaper, before wiping off with a lint-free cotton cloth.
- The oiled surface can be used after 24 hours. During this period, the surface must not come into contact with water. The oil does not harden completely until after about a week. Therefore, treat with care during this period. Any spilled liquids should be wiped up immediately.