Treat your wood flooring, paneling, furniture, and any other wood surface with WOCA Wood Lye to create a Nordic interior look and feel to your space.
WOCA Wood Lye gives interior wood a whitewash (white) or driftwood (grey) look to wood. WOCA Wood Lye helps the wood from yellowing over time and adds pigment (white or grey) to the wood grain.
Mild, non-corrosive, and easy to use for a professional, woodworking enthusiast, or DIYer. WOCA Wood Lye is compatible with all wood species, particularly White Oak. For best protection and longevity, wood surfaces treated with WOCA Wood Lye should be sealed with WOCA Master Color Oil or WOCA Diamond Oil Active. Results vary.
Design tip: WOCA Wood Lye White and Diamond Oil Active Extra White on White Oak creates a classic Nordic interior
- Damp mop the floor with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner (see separate instructions). Let the floor dry completely.
- Apply the lye undiluted with a brush or paint roller in an even coat on the floor,following the wood grain. Let dry overnight.
- Apply at least one liter of lye for every 100 sq.ft. of floor or woodwork.
- On vertical wood surfaces, apply from top to bottom.
- Rinse tools in clean water
- When the wood is dry, remove any visible lime pigments from the surface. This is best done using green buffing pad under a standard floor buffer. Vacuum surface clean.
- Finish the floor or woodwork with WOCA Master Color Oil or WOCA Diamond Active Oil.