WOCA Tannin Spot Neutralizer removes black spots caused by acid/water reaction. For use on unfinished, soaped, oiled or waxed interior surfaces. Oak wood naturally contains a very high amount of tannic acid. Black spots are formed when the wood is exposed to metal and moisture. Leaving a wet glass, or a leaky vase can trigger a chemical reaction from the acid in the wood and the water. This reaction leaves an undesired black spot.
- Spray Tannin Spot Neutralizer evenly on the stain directly from the bottle.
- Leave to dissolve the stain for 30-60 minutes.
- Leave the solution to dissolve stain and dirt etc.
- Wipe with cloth wrung in lukewarm water.
- Repeat if necessary.
- When the floor is completely dry, apply the original surface finish, e.g. oil, wax or soap, to re-establish the protection of the surface.