- Prevents yellowing process of the surface
- Preserves the light colors of the wood
- Requires after-treatment with oil or soap
- Only suitable for softwood
- Contains white pigments
- Certified by IBR
Due to the hazardous material in Softwood Lye, this product must be shipped via ground or next day air. There is an additional hazmat handling fee. This product is non-returnable. Please call our office at (877) 962 2645 to order.
- The wood must be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. We recommend application as soon as possible after sanding.
- Shake the container. Pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application.
- Apply the lye with an acid-proof brush or synthetic applicator in an even coat on the floor,following the wood grain.
- Apply at least one liter of lye for every 100 sq.ft. of floor or woodwork.
- On vertical wood surfaces, apply from top to bottom.
- Let floor or woodwork dry overnight.
- When wood is dry, remove any visible lime pigments from the surface. This is best done using green buffing pad under a standard buffer. Subsequently vacuum the floor or wood surface.
- Finish the floor or woodwork with WOCA Master Color Oil or WOCA Diamond Oil Active.