WOCA Testers are an inexpensive way to sample our products on your wood. Different wood species with different natural coloring will impact the treatment color and the final look of any finish. By sampling your choice of WOCA Softwood Lye on the wood that you will be finishing, you will be able to verify the outcome of your project. This will help you to intelligently select our products to meet your requirements for style, color, and look.
NOTE: Because of the hazardous material status of some WOCA Lyes, they must be ordered by phone, and we cannot coordinate or accept returns on Softwood Lye.
* PLEASE NOTE * Due to the Sodium Hydroxide found in Softwood Lye the product has been deemed hazardous by the Department of Transportation and requires special documentation and transportation. A $75.00 Hazmat Fee is mandated by the Department of Transportation and is required for ground shipping.
- The wood must be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. We recommend application as soon as possible after sanding.
- Shake the container. Pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application.
- Apply the lye with an acid-proof brush or synthetic applicator in an even coat on the floor,following the wood grain.
- Apply at least one liter of lye for every 100 sq.ft. of floor or woodwork.
- On vertical wood surfaces, apply from top to bottom.
- Let floor or woodwork dry overnight.
- When wood is dry, remove any visible lime pigments from the surface. This is best done using green buffing pad under a standard buffer. Subsequently vacuum the floor or wood surface.
- Finish the floor or woodwork with WOCA Master Color Oil or WOCA Diamond Oil Active.