WOCA Master Color Oil may be used on all unfinished flooring and woodwork. Including surfaces finished with any WOCA pretreatment. Master Color Oil has excellent penetrating properties and ensures a hard wearing, dirt and water resistant surface.
WOCA Master Color Oil is offered in many colors, which can be pre-mixed or layered for a custom look.
WOCA Master Color Oil Application Instructions
- The unfinished flooring or woodwork must be sanded to grit 100-120 and be clean and dry.Minimum room temperature during application should be 59 degrees and a max. recommended wood moisture content of 12%.
- Wash the floor with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and let dry completely (see Wood Cleaner instructions). This step is important to improve oil absorption, durability,and neutralize surface tannin.
- Shake oil container well before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed before use to prevent potential color differences. Using a paint tray and paint roller, apply an even coat of oil on approx. 100-150 sq.ft. of flooring. For edges and corners use a paint brush or the center pad of a buffer pad.
- Leave the oil to absorb for at least 20 minutes. If dry spots appear, apply more oil.
- Slowly polish the area with a standard buffer and red pad until floor appears saturated.
- Polish off all excess oil from floor using cotton cloths under the pad. Hand wipe all edges and corners. No excess oil should be left on the surface. We recommend an immediate after polish using a white pad under a standard buffer.
- After 6-12 hours of pre-hardening, the floor should be treated with a second application of oil. A very small amount of oil, approx. 1-2 ounces, is poured on the floor and carefully polished into the floor with white pad. Repeat until entire floor is done. Polish off all excess oil from floor using cotton cloths under the pad. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- The floor is ready for light wear after 12-24 hours.
- Do not expose the floor or woodwork to water during hardening time, approx. 5-7 days at 68°F and 55% humidity.
- After 5-7 days, clean floor with WOCA Soap or Oil Refresher to provide additional protection.This will make the finish more durable and water resistant.