WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner is a deep cleaner for unfinished wood, soaped and oiled wood surfaces PRIOR to finishing with oil.
WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner (also known as "Wood Cleaner") is a cleaner for unfinished wood surfaces and previously oiled wood. It is an important step in oiling and re-oiling with WOCA Penetrating Oils. Intensive Wood Cleaner pops the grain to achieve a richer color and better oil absorption and neutralizes surface tannin in the wood. Neutralizing surface tannin helps to prevent water spotting.
Intensive Wood Cleaner for is Step 1 for most WOCA Oil projects
A cleaner for unfinished wood surfaces:
- Cuts dirt, grime and grease.
- Opens the wood grain.
- Improves depth of oil absorption and richer color.
- Neutralizes tannin.
- Prevents tannin bleed.
- Prevents water spotting.
A cleaner for previously oiled surfaces:
- Deep cleans dirt, grime, grease, and build from regular use of WOCA Natural Soap and WOCA Oil Refresher.
- Preps the surface to accept a maintenance coat of WOCA Maintenance Oil Diamond Active or WOCA Maintenance Gel.
Note: WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner is NOT for regular cleaning of Oiled wood flooring and surfaces. It is primarily a cleaner for unfinished wood surfaces. WOCA Natural Soap is the recommended cleaner for prefinished and site finished natural oil and hardwax oil wood flooring.
WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner Instructions
Unfinished wood floors and woodwork
- Mix 3 ounces of Wood Cleaner into each gallon of lukewarm water. Damp mop floor thoroughly with wood cleaner solution.
- Repeat cleaning if extremely dirty.
- Let dry completely before oiling
Oiled floors and woodwork
- Mix 3 ounces of Wood Cleaner into each gallon of lukewarm water. Mop floor thoroughly with wood cleaner solution.
- Repeat if floor is extremely dirty.
- Re-oil floor or wood work with WOCA Diamond Oil Active Maintenance Oil or WOCA Maintenance Gel.