WOCA Exterior Wood Oil is based on a mixture of vegetable oil components, particularly suited for treatment of all decking woods, untreated or previously treated. WOCA Exterior Wood Oil Emulsion is also suitable for maintenance of oiled decking and other wood surfaces such as wood fences and furniture. The product contains agents, which prevent fungus, and green growth on oil treated wood surfaces and should for this reason should not be used indoors.
Coverage: Spread rate of 86 – 129 sq/ft per liter depending on wood and its surface
Size: 2.5 L
Additional Information and Instructions
- Clean the wood surface with WOCA Exterior Cleaner before starting the oil treatment. Exterior Wood Cleaner ensures best results by opening the wood pores for deeper oil absorption to strengthen and harden the wood which equals better durability and lifespan of the surface before a maintenance coat of oil is needed.
- Leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours. Humidity should not be above 17%. Sand down any rough wood fibers with 120 grit sandpaper.
- Apply WOCA Exterior Oil in dry weather only. Temperature should not be below 55.4°F. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil using an oil applicator , brush or paint roller. Treat the end grain wood first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the wood will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- When the wood is dry, it may be polished with a polishing pad or polishing machine to ensure an extra hard-wearing surface.
- It takes 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. Do not expose wood to water during this period.