WOCA Testers are an inexpensive way to sample our products on your wood. Different wood species with different natural coloring will impact the treatment color and the final look of any finish. By sampling your choice of WOCA Driftwood Lye on the wood that you will be finishing, you will be able to verify the outcome of your project. This will help you to intelligently select our products to meet your requirements for style, color, and look.
NOTE: Because of the hazardous material status of some WOCA Lyes, they must be ordered by phone, and we cannot coordinate or accept returns on Driftwood Lye.
- Wear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- The wood must be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. We recommend application as soon as possible after sanding.
- Shake the Driftwood Lye container well and pour into a plastic paint tray. Stir regularly during application.
- Apply Driftwood Lye with a nylon brush or synthetic applicator in an even coat on the floor,following the wood grain.
- Apply at least one liter of lye to each 100 sq.ft. of wood flooring or woodwork.
- Let floor or woodwork dry at least 2 hours.
- When wood is dry, de-nib the floor and its standing fibers using a buffer with green or maroon buffing pads until floor is smooth. De-nib floor first before polishing the edges. Subsequently vacuum the floor or wood surface.
- Finish the floor or woodwork with oil.