WOCA Diamond Oil is the best oil for oak flooring and all other domestic and exotic wood species.
Plant based ingredients and extremely high solid, low solvent ratio make WOCA Diamond Oil one of the most durable oils on the market. Ideal for high traffic homes and commercial spaces. WOCA Diamond Oil should be applied with a floor machine to achieve best results. For a 1 coat application on hardwood species, apply Diamond Oil with WOCA Patina Discs.
Best oil for oak flooring and all other types of wood species, domestic and exotic
Extremely high solid content- 99%
Extreme hard-wearing surface
Cleaning and caring for a floor treated with WOCA Diamond Oil- clean on a regular basis to nourish the finish with WOCA Natural Soap to strengthen the surface. Clean quarterly with WOCA Oil Refresher to extend the life of the oiled surface.
WOCA Diamond Oil is the best oil for oak flooring, which is one of the most popular and sustainable US wood species. Once a wood surface is first finished with WOCA, it's easy to restore and revive as needed.
There's no need to sand the whole floor and start over. Simply clean with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and buff in another coat of WOCA Diamond Oil or WOCA Maintenance Oil Diamond Active. Professional and DIY hardwood refinishing can also be partial refinished only in the high traffic areas or wear patterns.
- The unfinished flooring or woodwork must be sanded with 100-120 grit and be clean and dry. Minimum room temperature during application should be 59° and a maximum recommended wood moisture content of 12%
- Wash the floor with WOCA Wood Cleaner and let it dry completely (see Wood Cleaner instructions). This is not optional.
- Shake the oil container well before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed together before use to prevent potential color differences. Using a paint tray and paint roller, apply an even coat of oil on 50-100 square foot of flooring. For edges and corners use a paint brush.
- Leave the oil to absorb for 5-10 minutes. If dry spots appear, apply more oil.
- Slowly polish the area with a buffer and red pad until the floor appears saturated.
- Polish off all excess oil from the floor using cotton cloths under the pad. Hand wipe all edges and corners. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- Note: If Patina Discs were used the floor is now finished! If not, proceed with steps 9 and 10.
- After 12 hours, the floor can be treated with a second application of oil. Pour about 1 ounce of Diamond Oil on to the surface and carefully polish it into the floor. Repeat until entire floor is done. Remove any excess oil from the surface.
- The floor is ready for light wear after 24 hours.
- Do not expose floor or woodwork to water during hardening time, 3-5 days.
- After 5-7 days, clean floor with WOCA Soap or Oil Refresher to provide additional protection against wear.