WOCA Testers are an inexpensive way to sample our products on your wood. Different wood species with different natural coloring will impact the treatment color and the final look of any finish. By sampling the selected WOCA Diamond Oil colors on the wood that you will be finishing, you will be able to verify the outcome of your project. This will help you to intelligently select our products to meet your requirements for style, color, and look.
Free Ground Shipping
- The unfinished flooring or woodwork must be sanded with 100-120 grit and be clean and dry. Minimum room temperature during application should be 59° and a maximum recommended wood moisture content of 12%
- Wash the floor with WOCA Wood Cleaner and let it dry completely (see Wood Cleaner instructions). This is not optional.
- Shake the oil container well before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed together before use to prevent potential color differences. Using a paint tray and paint roller, apply an even coat of oil on 50-100 square foot of flooring. For edges and corners use a paint brush.
- Leave the oil to absorb for 5-10 minutes. If dry spots appear, apply more oil.
- Slowly polish the area with a buffer and red pad until the floor appears saturated.
- Polish off all excess oil from the floor using cotton cloths under the pad. Hand wipe all edges and corners. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- When the entire floor has been finished, polish it well using WOCA Wool Pads under floor machine
- Note: If Patina Discs were used the floor is now finished! If not, proceed with steps 9 and 10.
- After 12 hours, the floor can be treated with a second application of oil. Pour about 1 ounce of Diamond Oil on to the surface and carefully polish it into the floor. Repeat until entire floor is done. Remove any excess oil from the surface.
- After wards polish the floor with WOCA Wool Pads.
- The floor is ready for light wear after 24 hours.
- Do not expose floor or woodwork to water during hardening time, 3-5 days.
- After 5-7 days, clean floor with WOCA Soap or Oil Refresher to provide additional protection against wear.